Summary of webinar
- Genetic Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Scientist
1. What does a typical day in these careers look like?
2. How these careers are connected to our daily lives?
3. Which college degrees will guarantee your child’s success in these careers?
Q1. Which are the good colleges/universities offer these courses? (b.pharm, biotechnology, Psychology courses)
A1. Colleges for B. Pharm.:
- Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University, Delhi
- Al- Ameen College of Pharmacy, Karnataka
- College of Pharmacy, Pune
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University, Gurugram
- For biotechnology:
- AIIMS, Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, Tamil Nadu
- Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
- University of Hyderabad
- For Psychology
- Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi
- Jesus and Mary College, Delhi
- Christ University, Bangalore
- TISS, Mumbai & Chennai
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Delhi
Q2. Is maths is required for biotechnology?
A2. No. it is not compulsory.
Q3. Is it compulsory to have maths for genetics since I have not taken maths in 12th?
A3. No. It is not compulsory.
Q4. I didn’t opt for biotech. but I have an interest in genetic engineering. So what should I do now?
A4. Biotechnology is not a mandatory subject for genetic engineering.
Q5. How can I pursue psychology if I don’t even have it as an additional subject in +2?
A5. You don’t require psychology as a subject in school to pursue further studies in psychology.
Q6.What is the right time of the year for applying in the colleges?
A6. For DU and other colleges in the northern part of the country application forms for college are out by the month of April and for some other colleges specifically in the west and south, the forms are released in the month of May.
Q7. Are there any entrance exams for admissions to these courses?
A7. For B. Tech., Bachelors in Engineering, MBBS courses you will have to give national entrance tests. But for B.Sc. courses you need not necessarily give an entrance exam until a college specifically has its own entrance exam as a requirement for admission into the course.
Q8. Can we pursue pharmaceutical science with PCB only?
A8. You can be either from the PCB or PCM background to enter B. Pharm. Course.
What you can do next:
- If you want to know more about how AIM2EXCEL can help you in choosing and planning the RIGHT career/course for your child, please call us on 1800 5725 911.
- If you want to know which career options align with your child’s interest, get them to take our FREE 5-minute Demo Test by clicking here
- If you want to explore these careers in more detail, read articles on our website by clicking here.