Sales representatives sell retail products, and goods and services to customers. They work with customers to find what they want, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process.
Aspiring individuals in this profession commonly earn a Bachelor's degree in business or sales and marketing. However, a variety of majors could provide useful skills for the sales industry. For example, a psychology degree could give insight into personal relations that would lend itself to good customer service.
- Individuals in this profession must possess knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- They must also have knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products and services.
- They must also maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges,
- They have to ascertain the customer's wants and needs
Individuals in this profession face challenges with a positive attitude, and are passionate about whatever they are selling. They are creative and great problem solvers and possess the ability to look at things differently. They are also empathetic and compassionate and listen to what actually affects people.
- Every day provides a chance to meet new people.
- Since one is working on a commission-based system, an individual's earning potential is unlimited Many sales jobs also have reward structures to be earned.
- A sales job proves one with some flexibility and control over their working hours.
- Sales jobs are commission-based, individuals may also often earn less than they aspire to.
- There is also high accountability and responsibility to deliver on one's numbers and goals.
- It can also be a lonely job.
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management, Bengaluru
- Xavier's Labour Research Institution, Jamshedpur
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
- Aalen University of Applied Sciences
- University of Central Missouri
- Athens University of Economics & Business
- University of Central Oklahoma
- Dublin Institute of Technology
- University of Cincinnati
- Edinburgh Napier University
- University of Connecticut
- University of Technology
- University of Dayton
- EURIDIS Business School
John PattersonJohn Patterson He was one of the original icons of modern salesmanship. In the late 1800s, he devised a strategy that came to be known as the Patterson Method, and one of the key elements of the method was the intricate scripting of the sales process.
- 27 most common sales interview questions: https://www.saleshacker.com/sales-interview-questions-answers/
- Best Schools for Aspiring Sales Professionals: https://study.com/articles/Best_Schools_for_Aspiring_Sales_Professionals_List_of_Top_US_Sales_Schools.html
- 77 Invaluable Sales Training Resources for 2020: https://www.itagroup.com/insights/sales-training-resources