Hotel Management is an area of study that covers a wide range of topics concerned with the operational aspects of the hotel industry. It is one of the fastest and most promising careers. It provides a huge variety of positions to work at. There is a wide range of courses available too. It requires hard working and flexible people.
Short Term Course: This is also referred to as a certificate course. The duration of such certificate courses are from 6 months to one year. Students can pursue certificate courses in the hotel- management after completing their class 10th. Diploma Course: It is a bit in detail in comparison to certificate courses. A candidate must be at least 12th pass with minimum 40% marks having English as a compulsory subject. Degree Course: It’s a bachelor degree program for candidates who have cleared 12th class with a minimum of 50 per cent marks. Many institutes may ask you to apply for an entrance test. You can earn a BA or BBA degree.
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Awareness of business and financial issues
- Problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Recruiting, training and supervising staff
- Managing budgets
- Planning maintenance work, events and room bookings
- Handling customer complaints and queries
- Promoting and marketing the business
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and licensing laws.
- It is a professional line, where you get quick feedback on your work and can correct yourself promptly.
- It brings the professionals in direct contact with a huge variety of clients and the list of contacts grows every day, building a big database of potential clients if you opt for your own enterprise.
- Very sensitive to economic up and downswings.
- Have to deal with erratic customers.
- Leaves very little scope for becoming an all-rounder, except in depression /recession periods, when multitasking is inevitable, to remain viable.
- IHM Delhi
- IHM Lucknow
- Christ university
- Dr.Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management
- Institute of Hotel Management
Eugene C. EppleyEugene C. Eppley also known as Gene, was a hotel magnate in Omaha, Nebraska. Eppley is credited with single-handedly building one of the most successful hotel empires, by the 1950s the largest privately owned hotel chain in the United States.
ANSHU SARINAs CEO of Keys Hotel, Anshu Sarin has reinvented herself and her business several times over to ensure that the hotel group stays relevant to an emerging generation of travellers. Every good hotelier is aware of the need to realign themselves to the current market realities and the evolving expectations of guests.
- TAJ HOTEL
- ITC HOTEL
- MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL INC.
- Beyond Mnemba Island, Zanzibar
- Belmond Hotel Caruso Italy
- Aman Tokyo, Japan
- Soneva Jani, Maldives
- North Island, Seychelles
- Soneva Kiri, Thailand
- Amanzoe, Greece
- Royal Malewane, South Africa
- Setting the Table: The Transforming Power of Hospitality in Business: https://www.amazon.in/Setting-Table-Transforming-Hospitality-Business/dp/0060742763
- A Day in the Hotel Industry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_VPsyxYz2k