Hotel Management is an area of study that covers a wide range of topics concerned with the operational aspects of the hotel industry. It is one of the fastest and promising careers. It provides a huge variety of positions to work. There is a wide range of courses available too.
The minimum eligibility criteria for a certificate course is a High School Diploma (10+2). There are three kinds of courses available:
- Certificate course: The duration ranges from 6 months to a year. Students can pursue courses in hotel-management after completing class 10th.
- Diploma Course: An in-depth course compared to a certificate course. A candidate must be at least a graduate from school with a minimum of 40% marks and English as a compulsory subject.
- Degree Course: A bachelor's degree program for candidates who have completed class 12 with a minimum of 50% marks. Many institutes may have an entrance test for admission into the program. You can earn a BA or BBA degree.
- Recruitment, supervision, and training of staff.
- Problem-solving and good communication skills are key to handle client complaints. Interpersonal and leadership skills are necessary to keep guests as well as employees content and complaint.
- Be aware of and comply with health and safety regulations.
- To keep up with the multitude of tasks a hospitality employee has to be organized and capable of multitasking.
- Inspect the premises, food and rooms to ensure the quality of service.
- More than education, practical experience and aptitude is paramount.
- Allows you to build a far-reaching network by constantly interacting with different people
- Working with an international hotel chain gives the chance to visit different countries
- Unusual working hours
- Includes dealing with high maintenance guests at times
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering & Nutrition (IHM), New Delhi
- IHM Lucknow
- Christ University
- NSHM School of Hotel Management, Durgapur
- Ecole Hotelière de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Cornell School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
- William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration, University of Nevada
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management, Switzerland
- University of Waterloo, Canada
- Rosen College of Hospitality Management, University of Central Florida
Eugene C. EppleyShe was a hotel magnate in Omaha, Nebraska. Eppley is credited with single-handedly building the largest privately owned hotel chain in the United States by the 1950s.
Mohan Singh OberoiA famous Indian hotelier, he was the founder of Oberoi Hotels and Resorts. Currently, this is the second largest chain of hotels in India with a multinational presence.