Software Engineering & IT
Software engineers specialize in computer software, applications, or hardware products. They build operating systems, video games, implement computer security systems for organisations etc. Gadgets and information technology play an important role in both our day-to-day lives and the business world, so there is a constant demand to create better and faster software.
Aspiring software engineers should choose science with maths after class 10 and prepare for engineering entrance exams. All engineering colleges in India admit students on the basis of competitive entrance exams - JEE Mains, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, MHT CET, ComedK. Students usually major in computer science, computer information systems and software engineering.Some students take programming and software engineering classes to supplement a degree in another field, such as accounting, business or finance. You can also pursue relevant certifications offered by software vendors and training institutions.
- Web developers combine design and technical theory to research, analyse, design, program and modify websites and applications.
- A creative approach to problem-solving is a must in this field.
- An understanding of CASE (Computer Aided Software Engineering) tools.
They are decisive, innovative, insightful, and logical. They are problem solvers and team players.
- Professionals in this career earn a high salary.
- There is a high demand for IT professionals worldwide.
- Working from home is a very viable and accepted option in this field.
- Competition in this field is global.
- Technology is changing every day which means keeping on top of all the advances in knowledge.
- Learn to write code the fun way: https://code.org/learn
- A detailed guide to software engineering: https://www.learnhowtobecome.org/computer-careers/software-engineering/
- Develop your own app: http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/